I've created Imagine Balance to help document my journey to a more balanced life.
In yoga, balance is much more a state of mind rather than a physical ability. I want to imagine balance so that I can achieve it.
imagining balance to achieve balance
Category Archives: One Moment Program
February 3, 2011Posted by on
Having made it though the first week, I’m about 5 days further in than I made it last time. Go me! I’m still unsure of how I want to summarize things on here so I’m just going to post a brief description of what we learned that day and what I journaled and see how this goes…
01 –Introduced the Basic Minute. Get in a comfortable seated position with a timer. Focus on your breath.
- went by really fast / mind wander quite a bit
02 –What to do with your mind? Clear your thoughts and continue to come back to your breath.
- again went really fast / is OK to use yoga breathing (ujjayi)? / don’t do right after yoga again
03 –What to do with your body? Sit in a comfortable position. Don’t let your legs dangle so that they can sway if in a chair. Sit up straight without feeling stiff.
- felt long today / can I use mantras?
04 –What happens in a minute? You relax a little, improve your ability to focus, and you are clearing some space in your mind.
- recalled something I had forgotten to do and let it go
05 –Warm-up and cool-down. Stretch or shake out tension prior to getting into position to set your intention. Take your time coming out of your peaceful minute.
- made Shane practice with me
06 –Nothing. Striving for nothingness during your meditation.
- had problems letting my surroundings sink in without dwelling on them
07 –Silence. How to deal with the sounds around you. “The point of this is that we can experience the sound around us not as interference in our lives, but as an expression of the life from which we are not separate.”
- mind drifted, but was able to come back to my breath
On to Week 2!
- Day 8: Introducing the Portable Minute
- Day 9: The Emergency Minute
- Day 10: The After-the-Emergency Minute
- Day 11: The Family Minute
- Day 12: The Bonus Minute
- Day 13: The Minute at Work
- Day 14: The Surprise Minute
Any suggestions on how I can better do these posts?
January 27, 2011Posted by on
Back in April of last year when I was getting this site put together, I came across an amazing program called One-Moment Meditation. It is a 30 day course based on the book One Moment Meditation: Stillness for People on the Go by Martin Boroson. Luckily all the sessions are still up on Oprah’s site! So today I’ll being doing Day 1: Introducing the Basic Minute. My general plan is to post the links to the next week’s sessions in the beginning of week and sum up how the previous week went.
- Day 1: Introducing the Basic Minute
- Day 2: What to Do with Your Mind
- Day 3: What to Do with Your Body
- Day 4: What Happens in a Minute
- Day 5: The Warm-Up and Cool-Down
- Day 6: Nothing
- Day 7: Silence
Want to join me?