I've created Imagine Balance to help document my journey to a more balanced life.
In yoga, balance is much more a state of mind rather than a physical ability. I want to imagine balance so that I can achieve it.
imagining balance to achieve balance
Mexican Tortilla Soup
February 5, 2011Posted by on
This is probably our favorite at home dinner. It is insanely easy to make, delicious, and good for you. This is another recipe that I had posted once upon a time on my 101/1001 blog, but decided to repost here with some changes Shane and I have made over the past year.
we normally split this in 2 and maybe have a little left over
1 bag frozen pre-cooked shrimp (sometimes we use chicken)
1/2 white (or red) onion
1 can diced Rotel tomatoes (we use Mild)
1 tsp garlic
4 cups chicken broth
- Cook meat how desired and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Simmer veggies (onion, tomatoes, garlic) in pot until soft
- Add meat to pot.
- Add chicken broth to pot.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Garnish with crushed tortilla chips, green onion, cilantro, and avocado.
(if split in half – including shrimp and 24 bite size Tostitos chips)
- Calories: 426
- Total Fat: 23.4 g (mostly from the avocado)
- Total Carbs: 42.2 g
- Protein: 16.8 g